Sunday, 17 April 2011
HANUMAN CHALISA WITH ENGLISH MEANING
1. SHRI GURU CHARANA SAROJA RAJA, NIJA MANU MUKURU SUDHAARI,
VARANOON RAGHUVARA VIMALA JASU, JO DAYAKU PHALA CHARI.
After cleansing the mirror of my mind with the pollen like dust of holy Guru's Lotus feet, I acknowledge the pure, untainted glory of Shri Raghuvar, which bestows the four fold fruits of life (Dharma, Artha, Kama and Moksha).
2. BUDHI HEEN TANU JANIKE, SUMIROWN PAVANA KUMAARA,
BALA BUDHI VIDYA DEHU MOHIN, HARAHU KALESA VIKAARA.
Fully aware of my intellectual deficiency, I concentrate my attention on “Pavan-Kumar” and humbly ask for strength, intelligence and true knowledge to relieve me of all blemishes, causing me pain and suffering.
1. JAI HANUMAANA GYAANA GUNA SAAGARA, JAI KAPEESA TIHUN LOKA UJAAGARA.
Victory to thee, O Hanuman, You are an Ocean of Wisdom-All hail to you O Kapisa! (Fountain of power, wisdom and Shakti), You illuminate all the three worlds (Entire cosmos) with your glory.
2. RAAM DOOTA ATULITA BALA DHAAMAA, ANJANI-PUTRA PAVANA SUTA NAAMAA.
You are the divine messenger of Shri Raam. The storehouse of immeasurable strength, though you are known as Son of Pavan (Wind), you were born of Anjani.
3. MAHAAVEERA VIKRAAMA BAJARANGEE, KUMATI NIVAARA SUMATI KE SANGEE.
With Limbs as sturdy as Vajra (The mace of God Indra) you are valiant and brave. You focus on good Sense and Wisdom, and You dispel the darkness of evil thoughts.
4. KANCHANA BARANA BIRAAJA SUBESAA, KAANANA KUNDALA KUNCHITA KESAA.
Your physique is beautiful golden in color and bedecked attractively, wear earrings and have long curly hair.
5. HAATH VAJRA OWRA DHVAJAA VIRAAJAI, KAANDHE MOONJA JANEOO SAAJAI.
You carry in your hand a thunderbolt along with a victory-flag and wear the sacred thread across your shoulder.
6. SANKARA SUVAN KESAREE-NANDAN, TEJA PRAATAPA MAHAA JAGA VANDAN.
As a descendant of Lord Sankar and the pride and comfort of Shri Kesari, You are the luster of your Limitless Powers and you are propitiating throughout the universe.
7. VIDYAAVAAN GUNEE ATI CHAATURA, RAAM KAAJA KARIBE KO AATURA.
You are the repository of learning, virtuous and fully accomplished. You always keen to carry out the request of Shri Raam.
8. PRABHU CHARITRA SUNIBE KO RASIYAA, RAAM LASHANA SEETAA MANA BASIYAA.
You are always keen to listen to the narration of Shri Raam's Life Stories. Your heart is filled with what Shri Raam stood for; therefore, Shri Raam, Lakshman and Seetaa Devi always dwell in Your hearts.
9. SUKSHMA ROOPA DHARI SIYAHIN DIKHAAVAA, VIKATA ROOPA DHARI LANKÂ JARÂVAA.
You appeared before Sita Devi in a diminutive form and spoke to her in humility. You assumed an awesome form and struck terror by setting Lanka on fire.
10. BHEEMA ROOPA DHARI ASURA SANHAARE, RAAMACHANDRA KE KAAJA SANVAARE.
With over-whelming might you destroyed the demons “Asuras” and performed all tasks assigned to you by Shri Raam with great skill.
11. LAAYE SANJEEVANA LAKHANA JIYAYE, SHRI RAGHUVEERA HARASHI URA LAAYE.
You brought the herb that revives life “Sanjivan” and restored Lakshman back to life, Shri Raghuvir cheerfully embraced you with his heart full of joy.
12. RAGHUPATI KEENHEE BAHUTA BARAEE, TUMA MAMA PRIYA BHARATA HI SAMA BHAEE,
Shri Raghupati lovingly extolled your excellence and said, "You are as dear to me as my own brother Bharat.
13. SAHAS BADAN TUMHARO JASA GAAVAIN, USA KAHI SHRIPATI KANTHA LAGAAVAIN.
Thousands of living beings are chanting hymns of your glories and saying “Shri Raam warmly hugged You”.
14. SANKAADIKA BRAHMAADI MUNEESAA, NAARADA SAARADA SAHITA AHEESAA.
When even the Sage like Sanaka and others, Lord Brahma, the great hermit Narad, the Goddess of speech Saraswati Devi and the thousand headed serpent king Ahisha.
15. JAMA KUBERA DIGAPALA JAHAAN TE, KAVI KOVIDA KAHI SAKE KAHAAN TE.
Even Yamraaja (God of Death) Kubera (God of Wealth) and the Digpals (deputies guarding the four corners) have been contest with one another in offering homage to your Universal glories. How then, can a mere poet give adequate expression of your super excellence?
16. TUMA UPKAARA SUGREEVAHIN KEENHAA, RAAM MILAAYA RAAJA PADA DEENHAA.
You rendered a great service to Sugriv by uniting him with Shri Raam who installed him on the Royal Throne.
17. TUMHARO MANTRA VIBHEESHAN MAANAA, LANKESHWARA BHAE SABA JAGA JAANAA.
It was known all over the Universe, when Vibhishan heed your advice and he became Lord of Lanka.
18. JUGA SAHASTRA JOJAN PARA BHANOO, LEELYO TAAHI MADHURA PHALA JAANOO.
On your own, you dashed upon the Sun, which is at a fabulous distance of thousands of miles, thinking it to be a sweet luscious fruit.
19. PRABHU MUDRIKAA MELI MUKHA MAHEEN, JALADHI LÂNGHI GAYE ACHARAJA NÂHEEN.
You were carrying the Lord's Signet Ring in your mouth, no wonder why you easily leapt across the ocean.
20. DURGAMA KAAJA JAGATA KE JETE, SUGAMA ANUGRAHA TUMHARE TETE.
All the difficult tasks and the burdens of the world become light with Your kind grace.
21. RAAM DUARE TUMA RAKHAVAARE, HOTA NA AAGYAA BINU PAISAARE.
You are the sentry at the door of Shri Raam's Divine Abode and none can enter it without your permission.
22. SUBA SUKHA LAHAI TUMHAAREE SARNAA, TUMA RACHCHHAKA KAAHOO KO DARA NAA.
All comforts of the world lie at your feet and devotees enjoy all divine pleasures while feel fearless under your Protection.
23. AAPANA TEJA SAMHAARO AAPAI, TEENON LOKA HAANKA TEN KAANPAI.
You alone befitted to carry your own splendid valor, and when remember you give a thunderous call that causes the three worlds (entire universe) to tremor.
24. BHOOTA PISAACHA NIKATA NAHIN AAVAI, MAHAAVEERA JABA NAAMA SUNAAVAI.
All the ghosts, demons and evil forces keep away, with the sheer mention of your great name “Mahaveer”
25. NAASAI ROGA HARAI SABA PEERAA, JAPATA NIRANTARA HANUMANTA BEERAA.
All diseases, pain and suffering disappear on reciting Shri Hanuman's holy name regularly.
26. SANKATA TEM HANUMAANA CHURAAVAI, MANA KRAAMA BACHANA DHYÂNA JO LÂVAI.
Those who remember Shri Hanuman in thought, words and deeds with Sincerity and Faith are rescue from all crises in life.
27. SABA PARA RAAM TAPASVEE RAAJAA, TINA KE KAAJA SAKALA TUMA SAAJAA.
All who hail worship and have faith in Shri Raam as the Supreme Lord and the king of penance; You make all their difficult tasks very easy.
28. OWR MANORATHA JO KOEE LAAVAI, SOEE AMITA JEEVAN PHALA PAAVAI.
Whosoever comes to you with faith and sincerity receives the fulfillment of any desire; for You alone secures the imperishable fruit of human life.
29. CHAARIN JUGA PARATAAPA TUMHAARAA, HAI PARASIDDHA JAGATA UJIYAARAA.
All through the four ages, your magnificent glorious fame is acclaimed everywhere over the Cosmos.
30. SAADHU SANTA KE TUMA RAKHAWAARE, ASURA NIKANDANA RAAM DULHAARE.
You are the Savior and guardian angel of Saints and Sages, You destroy all demons and that makes You the angelic favorite of Shri Raam.
31. ASHTA SIDDHI NOW NIDHI KE DAATAA, ASA VARA DEENA JAANAKEE MAATAA.
Mother Janki conferred on You the boon to grant any one, the Yogic Power of Eight Siddhis (to become light/heavy and tall/short etc. at will) and Nine Nidhis (Riches, comfort, power, prestige, fame, and good relationship etc.).
32. RAAM RASAAYAN TUMHARE PAASAA, SADAA RAHO RAGHUPATI KE DAASAA.
You possess the power of devotion (the philosopher’s stone) to Shri Raam in all rebirths.
33. TUMHARE BHAJANA RAAM KO PAVAI, JANAMA JANAMA KE DUKHA BISARAAVAI.
Hymns sung in devotion to you, one can find Shri Raam and become free from sufferings of several births.
34. ANTHA KAALA RAGHUBIRA PURA JAAYEE, JAHAAN JANMA HARI-BHAKTA KAHAAEE.
If at the time of death, one enters the Divine Abode of Shri Raam and thereafter, in all future births he is reborn as the devotee of the Lord.
35. OWRA DEVATAA CHITTA NA DHARAEE, HANUMATA SE-EE SABA SUKHA KARAEE.
One need not entertain any other deity for Propitiation, as devotion of Shri Hanuman alone can give one all happiness.
36. SANKATA KATAI MITAI SABA PEERAA, JO SUMIRAI HANUMATA BALABEERAA.
One who adores and remembers hanuman, is free from all the sufferings, ill-fates and incidents of rebirths.
37. JAI JAI JAI HANUMAANA GOSAAEE, KRIPAA KARAHU GURUDEVA KEE NAAEEN.
Hail, Hail, Hail, Shri Hanuman, O Lord of senses let Your victory over the evil be firm and final. Bless me in the capacity of my true Guru.
38. JO SATA BAARA PAATHA KARA KOEE, CHHOOTAHI BANDI MAHAA SUKHA HOEE.
One, who recites Chalisa one hundred times, becomes free from the bondage of life and death and enjoys the highest bliss at last.
39. JO YAHA PARAI HANUMAANA CHALEESAA, HOYA SIDDHI SAAKHI GAUREESAA.
All those who recite Hanuman Chalisa (The forty Chaupaaees) regularly are sure to benefit. Such is the evidence of no less a witness as Bhagwan Shankar.
40. TULSEEDAASA SADAA HARI CHERAA, KEEJAI NAATHA HRADAYA MAHAN DERAA.
Tulsidas as a bonded slave of the Divine Master, stays perpetually at his feet, he prays Oh Lord! You enshrine within my heart & soul.
PAVANATANAI SANKATA HARANA, MANGALA MOORATI ROOPA
RAAM LAKHANA SEETAA SAHITA, HRIDAI BASAHU SURA BHOOPA
Oh! Son of the Wind, Destroyer of all miseries, you are a symbol of Auspiciousness; be please to reside in my heart along with Shri Raam, Lakshman and Sita Devi.